I love to balance the sweetness of sweet potatoes with smokey spices. These are a very easy staple that you will want to dip into a rich and creamy sauce.
Spicy Sweet Potato Fries
A note about salt: I like to encourage everyone to add salt to your preference. I always use my fingers to add kosher salt so that I have full control. My measurements are based on my suggestions.
- 2 sweet potatoes, scrubbed clean (about 2 lbs)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp chipolte chili powder
- pinch of cayenne (I did ¼ tsp, you might want a little less depending on how hot you like it)
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp onion
- ¼ tsp paprika
- ¼-1/2 tsp salt (salt to your preference)
- Preheat oven to 425F, lay 2 baking sheets with parchment paper and spray with non-stick oil
- Slice sweet potatoes length wise and then once more to create a nice size 'fry'
- Toss in a large bowl with all spices and olive oil
- Lay on baking sheet so that none of the fries are overlapping. Bake for 20 mins.
- After 20 mins flip and put back in the oven for another 15-20 until sweet potatoes are golden and not burnt. Watch towards end as everyone's oven is a little different.
Serving size: ¼ Calories: 256 Fat: 7 Carbohydrates: 46 Sugar: 11 Fiber: 7 Protein: 4