So many good things about this dish, not only is it delicious it’s gluten-free, vegetarian (vegan if you omit parmesan cheese), and the sauce doesn’t need to be cooked. Weeknight dinner made faster than you can have the table set.
If you haven’t tried red-lentil pasta I highly recommend it! It’s made with 100% red lentils so it’s full of protein and naturally gluten/grain free. It takes only 8-10 mins to cook once the water is boiled and I find the texture & flavor very similar to whole-wheat pasta.
I served this dish with a few spicy chicken sausages on the side and it was delicious. If you are vegetarian no need to add meat, the pasta is high in protein so you are covered.
- 400g dried red lentil pasta
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 large garlic cloves
- 28 oz tin canned tomatoes (diced)
- ½ cup sliced black olives
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese (omit if preparing this as a vegan dish)
- ¼ cup basil
- kosher salt
- red pepper flakes
- Set a large pot of salted water to boil.
- Meanwhile dice garlic and in a large bowl mix with olive oil, tomatoes, olives.
- Cook pasta to package instructions + taste to test when done. Mine took 10 mins in salted boiling water. Drain and add to bowl with sauce.
- Add parmesan cheese, basil, a pinch of salt and red pepper flakes. Taste for seasoning and adjust with salt/red pepper flakes to your preference.