This is kind of like an Italian pico de gallo, also a good starting point for bruschetta. Great to top anything from chicken, fish, pita or grilled baguette. Would go very well spooned over some burrata.
- 6 ripe roma tomatoes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ cup packed basil, thinly sliced
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp sugar (I use xylitol)
- Cut tomatoes in half discarding about ¾ of the seeds and flesh. You don't have to discard all, I like a little bit of pulp to remain so it's a bit juicy.
- Mix the olive oil, basil, salt, sugar and adjust seasoning to your preference.
- Store leftovers in an air tight container.